Photo via: twosisterscrafting.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Most schools celebrate Teacher Appreciation week the first full week in May. So that makes this years right around the corner, on May 4th-8th. Teachers don’t expect a lot, but it’s nice to let them know that all their hard work is appreciated with a small gift or thank you note. We’ve gathered some fun …
- If your skin is dry, you already know how important a daily moisturizing facial regimen could be for your skin! While the face creams, lotions and serums do their bit, it is a great idea to try out some of the best known facial masks for moisturizing your skin. Homemade facial masks would help to nourish and moisturize your skin without burning a hole in your pocket. You must try them out if your really love your skin! 1. Yogurt Moisturizing mask: To prepare this amazing Vitamin C moisturizing facial mask, you would require- Plain yoghurt (two spoons) Orange juice (two spoons) Almond oil (one spoons) Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick. Apply the mask on cleansed skin. Avoid the delicate area around your eyes. Wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Almond oil moisturizes your skin. Orange juice provides your skin with vitamin C and yoghurt nourishes and rejuvenates your skin. 2. Moisturizing oats mask: To prepare this hydrating mask for glowing skin, you need- Banana (one-half) Ground oats (four spoons) Honey (one spoon) Milk (one spoon) Smash half-a-banana and mix it with honey and oats. Ensure that the paste thus formed is a consistent one. Add milk and apply the mask on your face and neck. Wait for twenty minutes and wash off with warm water with gentle circular motions. Banana is a potent source of nutrients, fruit enzymes and vitamins that promote healthy skin that glows. Honey is a natural moisturizer and antioxidant that is known to prevent dry skin. Milk hydrates the skin. Oats exfoliate the skin and help you to get rid of dull skin. More: 5 best honey hair treatments for silky, glossy hair >> 3. Chocolate Moisturizing mask: To prepare a rich choco-almond moisturizing mask, you require- Cacao powder (two spoons) Milk cream (two spoons) All the components should be blended in a blender to make a smooth paste. Apply on face and wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with tepid water while rubbing in a gentle way. Cacao powder is rich in antioxidants. Milk cream along with almonds hydrates the skin thoroughly and prevents dryness. The mask will leave your skin clean and bright. 4. Egg Moisturizing mask: To make a rich hydrating avocado and olive oil mask, you need- Olive oil (extra virgin-three spoons) Egg white (one) Apple cider vinegar (one spoon) Add olive oil and vinegar. Whip an egg white and add it to the mixture. Apply on face and wait for thirty minutes. Wash off with warm water. Egg has essential fatty acids that will make your skin soft and smooth. Olive oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer. Apple cider vinegar, along with egg white, promotes firm skin for a quick facelift. 5. Coconut oil Moisturizing Face Mask: For super moisturizing mask try coconut oil, you will need- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of honey Using your fingers, gently apply the mixture to your entire face in a circular motion. Allow mixture to dry and harden for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water to hydrate, moisturize and plump up aging skin. Incorporating one of these face masks in your regular beauty routine would help to treat dry skin by moisturizing it thoroughly. Which one do you plan to try out first? |
- The last day of summer, as the first leaves begin to turn, and the first spider spins a web for the morning dew to spangle. With late summer woodland anemones, and a fallen leaf caught in the cobweb. Made entirely from craft wire, silver-plated wire and glass seed beads, this pendant measures approximately 2.5 from top of bail. My pendants are supplied ready to hang from a necklace of your choice (the cord in some of the pictures is for illustrative purposes only, and will not be included). You can now buy a cord pendant upgrade here http://www.etsy.com/listing/97607306/cord-necklace-upgrade-for-pendants or a copper ball chain upgrade here https://www.etsy.com/listing/113299989/antique-copper-ball-chain-upgrade-for-pendants – I will fit the pendant for you before despatch, so that you receive a ready-to-wear item of jewellery. Alternatively, if you would like me to make a custom necklace for you, please convo me and I will be happy to help. 🙂 All my jewellery is supplied in a pretty gift box.
- This is an inexpensive DIY teachers appreciation gift thats so easy to do. If you dont have a Silhouette printer, use Avery Clear Labels to easily apply an apple decal to the jar. So fun!
- Halloween is right around the corner and it is one of the best parties to throw…just so many ideas! With that being said, I will be hosting a halloween costume party this year and focusing on a black on black palette with hints of metallics. I seriously cannot wait, Ill use chalkboards, gold and metallic painted pumpkins, calligraphy labels, pillar candles, black desserts, vintage frame photo booth, and possibly some sort of fun game. Im a sucker for decorating and am looking forward to having all of my friends together…dressed to impress of course! Ill keep you updated!
- Homemade Vanilla Extract Made in the Instant Pot- Quality vanilla extract can be expensive. Easily (and quickly!) make your own delicious homemade vanilla extract in an Instant Pot! | recipe, make your own, Instapot recipe, easy recipe, frugal living, save money on groceries, money saving ideas, homemade extracts
- Be the Good in the World! Believe There is Good in the World Makes a great gift! Made from solid wood and hand-lettered. Routed keyhole hanger hollowed out of the back for strong, secure, flush hanging! (please note that the picture showing the keyhole is actually the back of another piece, not this sign.) Choose your stain and paint colors! Before you add the sign to your cart, you have the option of choosing your stain color and lettering color for the Be the Good part. Etsy only allows …
- Mason Jar Desk Organizer — make your own back to school teacher gift with this craft tutorial. An adorable way to add some organization to any desk.
- How To Let Out Pants [Tutorial] : If youve ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show you how to make pants bigger by letting out the waist. If you are a person whose weight often changes then this can be an extremely helpful trick. You dont need to go out and buy new pants if you have gained a few pounds. Keep your old pants and simply make them more comfortable by letting out the waist with these easy steps.
- Make a Date Jar with 175 Date Ideas. Blues for him and pinks for her. You could even make one with the kids too!
- Homemade DIY Gifts in A Jar | Best Mason Jar Cookie Mixes and Recipes, Alcohol Mixers | Fun Gift Ideas for Men, Women, Teens, Kids, Teacher, Mom. Christmas, Holiday, Birthday and Easy Last Minute Gifts | DIY Gift Pedicure in a Jar | http://diyjoy.com/diy-gifts-in-a-jar