Photo via: hometalk.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Bumping the Ceiling: One second of inattention is all it takes to bump the ceiling with the roller and create a troublesome touch-up job. You can avoid this problem by rolling on a horizontal strip of paint parallel to the ceiling first. Then roll vertically up to the horizontal strip. The 9-in.-wide strip of paint along the ceiling will give you a nice buffer zone.
- Make a Date Jar with 175 Date Ideas. Blues for him and pinks for her. You could even make one with the kids too!
- The Best Paint Colours for a Dark Room / Basement. How to make a dark room feel brighter and lighter. Great tips and ideas! darkroomdecoratingideas kylieminterior budgetfriendlydecorating paintcolours
- DIY Halloween Costume: Frosted Mini Wheat – Use foam for this costume, cover it in brown felt, then use white spray paint to give it the “frosted” look. Cut out the eyes and grin with black felt and hot glue to the brown felt. Glue an empty milk carton to a ball cap with some really thick looking white pipe cleaner coming out of the spout to look like milk is pouring out of the milk carton.
- 28 fabulous vintage sheets projects that you will love making for your home decor. Vintage sheets can make some beautiful home decor ideas for your quirky little haven. Click through to see 28 different ways in which you can upcycle old material
- Make the base a little higher up, so paint doesnt spill. Im not sure about the paintbrush being upside down, you dont want paint to get into the center of the paint brush
- Our poor little dog, Pearl, has to smell the wonderful things we cook all the time. It must be torture to have all those wonderful smells penetrating your nasal cavities knowing that you won’t get any. Yes, life for Pearl is pretty tough. You should definitely feel bad for her. Sometimes she even has to go on …
- Cosmetology Wreath home business decor Have a Graduating Cosmetologist in your family This would be a great gift to give! Have your own Cosmetology Business hang this decorative wreath in your shop! please note that not all wreaths are exact as it depends on what color the items needed to make the wreath are. Made to order! www.playfulwears.etsy.com
- Sometimes I feel like I have way too much going on, but after reading this article I realize that living frugally can actually make my life simpler! frugal Frugal Living Tips
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Cardboard organizational slots ~ A little paint and hundreds of uses. – I love that this is light weight and wont scratch my door. People can make anything. The sky is the limit!
- A nice little roundup of fun crafts for kids to make that parents will actually enjoy doing, too! A lot of these crafts and activities are for kids of all ages, but most of them are probably more appropriate for ages 8-12.