Photo via: thesnug.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- If your skin is dry, you already know how important a daily moisturizing facial regimen could be for your skin! While the face creams, lotions and serums do their bit, it is a great idea to try out some of the best known facial masks for moisturizing your skin. Homemade facial masks would help to nourish and moisturize your skin without burning a hole in your pocket. You must try them out if your really love your skin! 1. Yogurt Moisturizing mask: To prepare this amazing Vitamin C moisturizing facial mask, you would require- Plain yoghurt (two spoons) Orange juice (two spoons) Almond oil (one spoons) Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick. Apply the mask on cleansed skin. Avoid the delicate area around your eyes. Wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Almond oil moisturizes your skin. Orange juice provides your skin with vitamin C and yoghurt nourishes and rejuvenates your skin. 2. Moisturizing oats mask: To prepare this hydrating mask for glowing skin, you need- Banana (one-half) Ground oats (four spoons) Honey (one spoon) Milk (one spoon) Smash half-a-banana and mix it with honey and oats. Ensure that the paste thus formed is a consistent one. Add milk and apply the mask on your face and neck. Wait for twenty minutes and wash off with warm water with gentle circular motions. Banana is a potent source of nutrients, fruit enzymes and vitamins that promote healthy skin that glows. Honey is a natural moisturizer and antioxidant that is known to prevent dry skin. Milk hydrates the skin. Oats exfoliate the skin and help you to get rid of dull skin. More: 5 best honey hair treatments for silky, glossy hair >> 3. Chocolate Moisturizing mask: To prepare a rich choco-almond moisturizing mask, you require- Cacao powder (two spoons) Milk cream (two spoons) All the components should be blended in a blender to make a smooth paste. Apply on face and wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with tepid water while rubbing in a gentle way. Cacao powder is rich in antioxidants. Milk cream along with almonds hydrates the skin thoroughly and prevents dryness. The mask will leave your skin clean and bright. 4. Egg Moisturizing mask: To make a rich hydrating avocado and olive oil mask, you need- Olive oil (extra virgin-three spoons) Egg white (one) Apple cider vinegar (one spoon) Add olive oil and vinegar. Whip an egg white and add it to the mixture. Apply on face and wait for thirty minutes. Wash off with warm water. Egg has essential fatty acids that will make your skin soft and smooth. Olive oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer. Apple cider vinegar, along with egg white, promotes firm skin for a quick facelift. 5. Coconut oil Moisturizing Face Mask: For super moisturizing mask try coconut oil, you will need- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of honey Using your fingers, gently apply the mixture to your entire face in a circular motion. Allow mixture to dry and harden for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water to hydrate, moisturize and plump up aging skin. Incorporating one of these face masks in your regular beauty routine would help to treat dry skin by moisturizing it thoroughly. Which one do you plan to try out first? |
- Cleaning Ideas| Free Printable Chore Cards-Ideas on How to Involve Children in Household Chores.
- 10 stylish DIY shelves project that you can make yourself. Great for your bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, or office!
- 15 Fun and Easy Sewing Projects for Kids. These starter sewing projects will help kids learn and develop dexterity and coordination. Sewing can bring hours of joy and its also a practical life skill.
- Have you started your Spring Cleaning yet? Do NOT forget about these most commonly forgotten spots when you start spring cleaning this year. Weve got a DO NOT FORGET spring cleaning checklist, so you can make sure you get every spot! ad rollontheclean
- FreePrintable chore charts in pink and blue. Get more freeprintables at http://pinterest.com/hre/
- The last day of summer, as the first leaves begin to turn, and the first spider spins a web for the morning dew to spangle. With late summer woodland anemones, and a fallen leaf caught in the cobweb. Made entirely from craft wire, silver-plated wire and glass seed beads, this pendant measures approximately 2.5 from top of bail. My pendants are supplied ready to hang from a necklace of your choice (the cord in some of the pictures is for illustrative purposes only, and will not be included). You can now buy a cord pendant upgrade here http://www.etsy.com/listing/97607306/cord-necklace-upgrade-for-pendants or a copper ball chain upgrade here https://www.etsy.com/listing/113299989/antique-copper-ball-chain-upgrade-for-pendants – I will fit the pendant for you before despatch, so that you receive a ready-to-wear item of jewellery. Alternatively, if you would like me to make a custom necklace for you, please convo me and I will be happy to help. 🙂 All my jewellery is supplied in a pretty gift box.
- Make a Date Jar with 175 Date Ideas. Blues for him and pinks for her. You could even make one with the kids too!
- There are plenty of holiday books that incorporate snow. From The Snowman to The Christmas Miracle, snow is a fun part of the holiday season, even if you live someplace warm. Along with reading one of your favorite holiday books, why not make your own play snow? Only two ingredients, and your kids will be in for hours of fun.
- Poufs are a multi-functional and stylish addition to any room in the house. Make your own for less with the help of this DIY pouf tutorial.
- Having a big, organized closet makes getting ready for the day a much more pleasant process. While you don’t have to rock designer duds everyday, or spend a lot on your wardrobe, you can certainly hang your clothes in a closet fit for a king or queen to keep them in good condition while streamlining your daily routine. Plus, for homeowners, making permanent installations may help increase the value of your home.