Photo via: pillarboxblue.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- If your skin is dry, you already know how important a daily moisturizing facial regimen could be for your skin! While the face creams, lotions and serums do their bit, it is a great idea to try out some of the best known facial masks for moisturizing your skin. Homemade facial masks would help to nourish and moisturize your skin without burning a hole in your pocket. You must try them out if your really love your skin! 1. Yogurt Moisturizing mask: To prepare this amazing Vitamin C moisturizing facial mask, you would require- Plain yoghurt (two spoons) Orange juice (two spoons) Almond oil (one spoons) Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick. Apply the mask on cleansed skin. Avoid the delicate area around your eyes. Wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Almond oil moisturizes your skin. Orange juice provides your skin with vitamin C and yoghurt nourishes and rejuvenates your skin. 2. Moisturizing oats mask: To prepare this hydrating mask for glowing skin, you need- Banana (one-half) Ground oats (four spoons) Honey (one spoon) Milk (one spoon) Smash half-a-banana and mix it with honey and oats. Ensure that the paste thus formed is a consistent one. Add milk and apply the mask on your face and neck. Wait for twenty minutes and wash off with warm water with gentle circular motions. Banana is a potent source of nutrients, fruit enzymes and vitamins that promote healthy skin that glows. Honey is a natural moisturizer and antioxidant that is known to prevent dry skin. Milk hydrates the skin. Oats exfoliate the skin and help you to get rid of dull skin. More: 5 best honey hair treatments for silky, glossy hair >> 3. Chocolate Moisturizing mask: To prepare a rich choco-almond moisturizing mask, you require- Cacao powder (two spoons) Milk cream (two spoons) All the components should be blended in a blender to make a smooth paste. Apply on face and wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with tepid water while rubbing in a gentle way. Cacao powder is rich in antioxidants. Milk cream along with almonds hydrates the skin thoroughly and prevents dryness. The mask will leave your skin clean and bright. 4. Egg Moisturizing mask: To make a rich hydrating avocado and olive oil mask, you need- Olive oil (extra virgin-three spoons) Egg white (one) Apple cider vinegar (one spoon) Add olive oil and vinegar. Whip an egg white and add it to the mixture. Apply on face and wait for thirty minutes. Wash off with warm water. Egg has essential fatty acids that will make your skin soft and smooth. Olive oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer. Apple cider vinegar, along with egg white, promotes firm skin for a quick facelift. 5. Coconut oil Moisturizing Face Mask: For super moisturizing mask try coconut oil, you will need- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of honey Using your fingers, gently apply the mixture to your entire face in a circular motion. Allow mixture to dry and harden for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water to hydrate, moisturize and plump up aging skin. Incorporating one of these face masks in your regular beauty routine would help to treat dry skin by moisturizing it thoroughly. Which one do you plan to try out first? |
- 28 fabulous vintage sheets projects that you will love making for your home decor. Vintage sheets can make some beautiful home decor ideas for your quirky little haven. Click through to see 28 different ways in which you can upcycle old material
- You know you love it…that mug that you reach for every morning–the one youre disappointed if its in the sink…and you might even hand wash if it is dirty. If you dont have one, youre totally missing-out! Mine recently broke (I dropped it!). So Im making a new mug–and getting inspiration from these 100 Awesome DIY Coffee Mug Art Creations. On to the awesome DIY muggnificentness! Unique DIY Mug Art: This nail-polish Marbled Mug of cuteness is awesome. Make your own disposable coffee cup! No tutorial, just a beautiful idea…Polymer Clay Swirls Mug. I love this Hand-Painted Floral cuppa. All my mugs should be Polka-Dot
- When you add trendy plants to modern home decor idea what do you get? This super simple DIY Succulent Garden project! Choose your favorite mixture of colorful cacti and earthy greens to make this project all your own.
- Upcycle a plain dresser with this fabulous DIY tutorial! This Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser is a great way to add a feminine chic touch to a precious furniture piece. Pretty and stylish, this dresser project will help you revamp your home decor with ease. This dresser could easily fit anywhere from a seaside cottage to rustic farmhouse. Versatile, sophisticated, and easy, if you are looking for a weekend painting project, this is DIY tutorial you’ve been searching for. Add a touch of elegance…
- Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I cant wait for you to check out these 20+ Mod Podge craft projects just for Halloween. Enjoy!
- It’s time for another monthly craft challenge from the Kids Craft Stars. This months challenge was to create a craft based on a popular preschool children’s book. If you are regular around here you already know that making crafts based on children’s books is one of my absolute favorite things! I have so many favorites …
- If you add extra shelves on top of the rod in your closet, you can store out-of-season clothes here instead of in hall closets (those are better suited for linens, anyway).
- I had no idea these boxy bags were so quick and easy to sew! This video makes it look so easy, just from two simple rectangles of fabric. Im going to make one for cosmetics and then several for my shoes when I travel. Can be made in any size when you know how.
- Have you switched to dryer balls yet? I used dryer sheets for years, but I’m so glad I discovered dryer balls. They have none of the toxic chemicals found in dryer sheets, are significantly less expensive to use, and reduce drying time (which saves me even more money because we’re using less energy to dry our clothes)!! click image to learn more and find out where to get our favorite dryer balls
- DIY letters can be used for a wide variety of crafts and decorating ideas. They add more beauty to your home. If your are decorating your home or planning a party, why not choose your favorite word and phrase, and use them to spell out a name, or put a saying on a wall in a bedroom or kitchen? There…