Photo via: midwesternmoms.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Make a Date Jar with 175 Date Ideas. Blues for him and pinks for her. You could even make one with the kids too!
- There are plenty of holiday books that incorporate snow. From The Snowman to The Christmas Miracle, snow is a fun part of the holiday season, even if you live someplace warm. Along with reading one of your favorite holiday books, why not make your own play snow? Only two ingredients, and your kids will be in for hours of fun.
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- How to Make Gods Eye Tutorial – All you need is yarn and sticks for this simple Gods Eye Tutorial! This is a fun and easy craft even kids can do! How to make Gods Eye style craft with a pretty flower pattern!
- Want to send my husband over the edge? Just make his cordless drill disappear or have a tool go missing from his toolbox or cabinet! These DIY power tool storage ideas will help keep order…..and the peace. 🙂
- Make this easy pencil pouch from cardboard tubes – yep, you heard right! I made this adorable pencil case using upcycled toilet paper rolls that were headed for the trash. I use it to stow my adult coloring tools for my current work in progress but its great for pencils, and a perfect back to school craft for big kids, teens, and tweens!
- 15 Fun and Easy Sewing Projects for Kids. These starter sewing projects will help kids learn and develop dexterity and coordination. Sewing can bring hours of joy and its also a practical life skill.
- A nice little roundup of fun crafts for kids to make that parents will actually enjoy doing, too! A lot of these crafts and activities are for kids of all ages, but most of them are probably more appropriate for ages 8-12.
- I will start my list of recipes for this holiday season with these cute snowmen made of eggs. I used hard-boiled eggs, a carrot and some peppercorns. These snowmen are a very nice addition to your holiday appetizer platter. Oh and this will make eating eggs more fun for your kids as well ;).
- How sweet! Make your dogs bed something that you wont want to hide in the closet. Wine barrels are an easy way to achieve + beautiful.
- 10 amazing gifts for kids with high-energy. These are unique gift ideas that will help keep your kid active and happy even if they are stuck inside!
- Pack a small front yard with medium-size plants to help shield the home from street noise. Growing a variety of plants makes the yard look larger by giving your eye more textures, colors, and shapes to look at. Test Garden Tip: Spend plenty of time looking out from your windows as you design. That way you will enjoy the view looking out as much as passersby enjoy looking into the garden.