Photo via: thenester.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Paint some Chairs – Get ready for Spring by painting some shelves or upcycling furniture! Top 10 Chalk Paint Tips for Beginners is included in this post, with plenty of DIY Project Ideas to decorate your home or even the garden!
- How To Add Beautiful Bendable Furniture Moldings To Your Decor If you love refinishing and beautifying your furnishings and decor you are going to flip out over these beautiful bendable furniture moldings. One of my favorite hobbies is refinishing furniture and when I discovered these bendable furniture moldings by Efex, I couldn’t wait to get this project started. furniture homedecor crafts crafting furnituremolding appliques
- Regardless of how expensive your wood furniture is, you need to protect it with a polish to maintain the beautiful finish. Rather than purchasing one from the store, try making this All-Natural Homemade Furniture Polish.
- DIY snow paint. A super fun idea for an afternoon activity with your kids this winter.
- EASY Tutorial for Chalk Paint Furniture Makeover | Chalky Painted Canister | Antique Washstand with a FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint | What a transformation! A 19th century washstand got a chalk paint makeover that completely changed her from ordinary to extraordinary.
- Smores Coffee Milkshake: made with vanilla ice cream, brewed coffee, marshmallow and grahams. This is one afternoon pick-me-up you must try!
- Start working on a DIY hammock stand and prepare for a total relaxation for summer. Spend that one perfect afternoon enjoying your garden scenery!
- Looking for ideas to add style and give your DIY furniture an up scale look? Add a book-matched panel! Learn how to make them with this easy tutorial.
- If you love the look of distressed furniture and have always wondered how to achieve this look, this is the post for you. Lots of how-to techniques!
- YES, it is actually possible to declutter your entire home in ONE weekend! These step-by-step instructions are so easy to follow and will show you exactly how to declutter and organize your whole house this weekend! Plus theres even a free decluttering planner included. Theres really no excuse not to get your home decluttered and under control with these easy ideas! | decorbytheseashore.com
- I had no idea these boxy bags were so quick and easy to sew! This video makes it look so easy, just from two simple rectangles of fabric. Im going to make one for cosmetics and then several for my shoes when I travel. Can be made in any size when you know how.