Photo via: 3boysandadog.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Today marks the one year anniversary of being in our home! My husband and I both agree that the decision to move to this home was one of the best decisions of our marriage. We love the house, the neighborhood, and more importantly, all the friends we have made. I thought it would be fun …
- It’s time for another monthly craft challenge from the Kids Craft Stars. This months challenge was to create a craft based on a popular preschool children’s book. If you are regular around here you already know that making crafts based on children’s books is one of my absolute favorite things! I have so many favorites …
- These pretty poppers are so easy to make for Valentine’s Day. Just grab any kind of tube. (These were made with plastic push pop containers, but you could use an empty toilet paper or paper towel roll.) Fill with treats, wrap with tissue and finish off with a sweet personalized tag using Avery Round Labels (22807) and their free Valentine’s printables.
- So your best friends boyfriend popped the question – then it was her turn! You were SO excited to be her maid of honor until you realized you have no idea what that entails. Sure, you get to shop for for cute dresses and get your hair done together on the big day but surely there are more responsibilities than that, right? As the maid of honor, and as a bridesmaid for that matter, you have the all important job of helping ensure your besties best day ever is just that.
- Halloween is right around the corner and it is one of the best parties to throw…just so many ideas! With that being said, I will be hosting a halloween costume party this year and focusing on a black on black palette with hints of metallics. I seriously cannot wait, Ill use chalkboards, gold and metallic painted pumpkins, calligraphy labels, pillar candles, black desserts, vintage frame photo booth, and possibly some sort of fun game. Im a sucker for decorating and am looking forward to having all of my friends together…dressed to impress of course! Ill keep you updated!
- Entertaining for the 4th July requires some simple and easy decorations. These stenciled patriotic pillows are absolutely perfect for relaxing out or indoors and are so much fun to make. Red white blue with stars and stripes…what more do you need! This is
- A kitchen functions so much better when it is organized. Do you agree? When things are in their place, my stress reduces greatly. Although memories are made in the kitchen, and things will get messy from time to time… a clean and organized kitchen makes things so much better. Discover 30+ Kitchen Organization Tips!
- Another project we saw on www.pinterest.com and decided to do for our Art Day! My youngest and I saw this project in the morning and by noon we were ready to try it on our own. We got sister out of bed (shes a teenager and its summer!) and she joined in the fun also.…
- I will start my list of recipes for this holiday season with these cute snowmen made of eggs. I used hard-boiled eggs, a carrot and some peppercorns. These snowmen are a very nice addition to your holiday appetizer platter. Oh and this will make eating eggs more fun for your kids as well ;).
- I had no idea these boxy bags were so quick and easy to sew! This video makes it look so easy, just from two simple rectangles of fabric. Im going to make one for cosmetics and then several for my shoes when I travel. Can be made in any size when you know how.
- I went from pulling 3 to 4 ticks a day off my dog to zero with this all natural tick repellent! It really works!