Photo via: thefrugalgirls.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Candle holder from glass jar and doilies These would make such cute gifts. Do them in different colors for the seasons. diy candle holder masonjars doilies gifts
- Mason Jar Luminaries to decorate your home or yard. Inexpensive fake snow makes these a safe and cost efficient way to decorate. http://www.myturnforus.com/2013/12/mason-jar-luminaries.html
- DIY: 85 Mason Jar Crafts You Will Love | with the pages from books…. Neat idea for make up brush holder… Or center pieces (in 10 or 20 years 😉
- For this winter, when it is too COLD to play with real snow…
- Mason Jar Desk Organizer — make your own back to school teacher gift with this craft tutorial. An adorable way to add some organization to any desk.
- Mason jar candles!! Good, cheap christmas present. And really nice step by step directions!
- Let It Snow With Dollar-Store Holiday Dioramas
- Heres some really creative and original ways to spruce up your kitchen – all you need to add is some elbow grease, a few craft supplies and some objects you
- DIY snow paint. A super fun idea for an afternoon activity with your kids this winter.
- Halloween is right around the corner and it is one of the best parties to throw…just so many ideas! With that being said, I will be hosting a halloween costume party this year and focusing on a black on black palette with hints of metallics. I seriously cannot wait, Ill use chalkboards, gold and metallic painted pumpkins, calligraphy labels, pillar candles, black desserts, vintage frame photo booth, and possibly some sort of fun game. Im a sucker for decorating and am looking forward to having all of my friends together…dressed to impress of course! Ill keep you updated!
- Spruce up your drab work space with simple mini flower arrangements and other office decorating ideas by handcrafted lifestyle expert Lia Griffith