Photo via: hearthandmade.co.uk
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- 28 fabulous vintage sheets projects that you will love making for your home decor. Vintage sheets can make some beautiful home decor ideas for your quirky little haven. Click through to see 28 different ways in which you can upcycle old material
- Retro Sideboard Table Makeover part of a fabulous furniture makeover special! Click through to see some amazing furniture makeover ideas!
- There must be many old furniture laying around your house, basement, backyard, the corner of your garage over the years. Never throw them away! You can repurpose those old furniture into something creative, practical and unique for your home just with a little of handiwork and a bit of creativity. In this post, we have …
- Everyone loves having something whimsical in the nursery – I am a sucker for books and letters. This set of wooden letters by AWorkinProgress is absolutely adorable! See my Buy Me! Board to DIY for half the price!:)
- Paint some Chairs – Get ready for Spring by painting some shelves or upcycling furniture! Top 10 Chalk Paint Tips for Beginners is included in this post, with plenty of DIY Project Ideas to decorate your home or even the garden!
- *This post contains affiliate links. This means when you click on a link and purchase an item, I receive a small marketing payment from Amazon.com. AT NO COST TO YOU! Your support through clicking and purchasing through links on TheGiftyGirl will allow me to do more DIYs and giveaways, so thank you for your help! …
- Tied Crop Top DIY abeautifulmess.com (click through for tutorial)
- **See more kitchen renovation posts here, here, here, and here. This post has been on the back burner because I needed time to think about how it all came together. But this is very satisfying to post because about 100 people have asked questions about and begged for the details of how exactly we made and installed our floating …
- Claire remembers sitting on this swinging chair in her back garden with her mother – she loved living nearby
- Halloween is right around the corner and it is one of the best parties to throw…just so many ideas! With that being said, I will be hosting a halloween costume party this year and focusing on a black on black palette with hints of metallics. I seriously cannot wait, Ill use chalkboards, gold and metallic painted pumpkins, calligraphy labels, pillar candles, black desserts, vintage frame photo booth, and possibly some sort of fun game. Im a sucker for decorating and am looking forward to having all of my friends together…dressed to impress of course! Ill keep you updated!
- If you love the look of distressed furniture and have always wondered how to achieve this look, this is the post for you. Lots of how-to techniques!