Photo via: lilikoijoy.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Wine cellar in closet space. The doors dont have to hide anything when your closet looks like this.
- Living room in need of a coffee table? Annalien and Peter have the solution. Using repurposed wood, this unique coffee table is bound to be a show stopper
- If you add extra shelves on top of the rod in your closet, you can store out-of-season clothes here instead of in hall closets (those are better suited for linens, anyway).
- DIY:: $50 Modern Barn Doors ! An easy solution to our knocking doors into laundry room.
- Make a Date Jar with 175 Date Ideas. Blues for him and pinks for her. You could even make one with the kids too!
- Wrap up your homemade holiday treats with this free mod tree printable from The Proper Blog. Just print them on Avery Round Labels (22807). Or check out the neat packaging printable for Avery Wraparound Labels (08217). Just print, peel and stick. What could be easier?
- We live in a fast paced, busy world that often leaves us feeling drained, stretched thin, and incapable of living in and enjoying the present moment. The concept of Mindfulness holds the key to slowing down and being able to be right here, right now, even if its only for a few seconds. If youre constantly struggling with wishing you could be more present, this beginner look at Mindfulness is for you!
- It could say that a baby shower is the sweetest party. This is a happy and memorable moment. Mom-to-be can share the joys and expectations that will be a true mother with their friends. To prepare for this celebration, you need to look for some interesting decorating ideas to make you and your friends’ baby […]
- If your skin is dry, you already know how important a daily moisturizing facial regimen could be for your skin! While the face creams, lotions and serums do their bit, it is a great idea to try out some of the best known facial masks for moisturizing your skin. Homemade facial masks would help to nourish and moisturize your skin without burning a hole in your pocket. You must try them out if your really love your skin! 1. Yogurt Moisturizing mask: To prepare this amazing Vitamin C moisturizing facial mask, you would require- Plain yoghurt (two spoons) Orange juice (two spoons) Almond oil (one spoons) Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick. Apply the mask on cleansed skin. Avoid the delicate area around your eyes. Wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Almond oil moisturizes your skin. Orange juice provides your skin with vitamin C and yoghurt nourishes and rejuvenates your skin. 2. Moisturizing oats mask: To prepare this hydrating mask for glowing skin, you need- Banana (one-half) Ground oats (four spoons) Honey (one spoon) Milk (one spoon) Smash half-a-banana and mix it with honey and oats. Ensure that the paste thus formed is a consistent one. Add milk and apply the mask on your face and neck. Wait for twenty minutes and wash off with warm water with gentle circular motions. Banana is a potent source of nutrients, fruit enzymes and vitamins that promote healthy skin that glows. Honey is a natural moisturizer and antioxidant that is known to prevent dry skin. Milk hydrates the skin. Oats exfoliate the skin and help you to get rid of dull skin. More: 5 best honey hair treatments for silky, glossy hair >> 3. Chocolate Moisturizing mask: To prepare a rich choco-almond moisturizing mask, you require- Cacao powder (two spoons) Milk cream (two spoons) All the components should be blended in a blender to make a smooth paste. Apply on face and wait for twenty minutes. Wash off with tepid water while rubbing in a gentle way. Cacao powder is rich in antioxidants. Milk cream along with almonds hydrates the skin thoroughly and prevents dryness. The mask will leave your skin clean and bright. 4. Egg Moisturizing mask: To make a rich hydrating avocado and olive oil mask, you need- Olive oil (extra virgin-three spoons) Egg white (one) Apple cider vinegar (one spoon) Add olive oil and vinegar. Whip an egg white and add it to the mixture. Apply on face and wait for thirty minutes. Wash off with warm water. Egg has essential fatty acids that will make your skin soft and smooth. Olive oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer. Apple cider vinegar, along with egg white, promotes firm skin for a quick facelift. 5. Coconut oil Moisturizing Face Mask: For super moisturizing mask try coconut oil, you will need- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of honey Using your fingers, gently apply the mixture to your entire face in a circular motion. Allow mixture to dry and harden for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water to hydrate, moisturize and plump up aging skin. Incorporating one of these face masks in your regular beauty routine would help to treat dry skin by moisturizing it thoroughly. Which one do you plan to try out first? |
- Using bookcases in the dining room isnt a new thing. But it makes a lot of sense for dining room storage. And with glass doors it can be very pretty!
- As soon as interior barn doors started getting popular, I knew I wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Not only did they fit perfectly with the style of my living room, but I had the perfect opening for them to go on: Pretty bland, right? We had originally planned on putting crown moulding …