Photo via: instagram.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- 10 stylish DIY shelves project that you can make yourself. Great for your bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, or office!
- Whitewashing a brick fireplace to soften the look. This is an easy diy project. Great for a farmhouse look. See more of this dated room makeover. Home remodeling on a budget.
- Yellow Toddler Bedroom | Welcome to our yellow toddler bedroom. Featuring grey and white accents and an owl motif. This room is a super happy fun place for a cute and quirky kid! Click through to read more on this project as well as posts about architecture, interior design and sustainability at www.ofhousesandtrees.com.
- **See more kitchen renovation posts here, here, here, and here. This post has been on the back burner because I needed time to think about how it all came together. But this is very satisfying to post because about 100 people have asked questions about and begged for the details of how exactly we made and installed our floating …
- Another project we saw on www.pinterest.com and decided to do for our Art Day! My youngest and I saw this project in the morning and by noon we were ready to try it on our own. We got sister out of bed (shes a teenager and its summer!) and she joined in the fun also.…
- Spring is just around the corner! The occasional warm day has really gotten me in the mood to transition some of my winter decor into spring. I recently had a project day with a dear friend and we made some fun decorative bird nests that were super simple and inexpensive. We had a great time…
- Explore laundry room decorating ideas that are both stylish and functional. From extra storage space and hidden appliances to pops of color and reclaimed wood, these laundry rooms will inspire your next home renovation project.
- A list of quartz countertops that look like carrara marble. Our kitchen features Santa Margherita in Victoria with grey and white cabinetry and subway tile.
- Easy and Budget Friendly Ways to Organize your Kitchen – DIY Hacks, Ideas, Space Saving tips and tricks for Organization in a small or big Kitchen! Some would even be great for do it yourself organizing projects for the kitchen in a camper or RV!
- Make Melted Snowman Cookies for the holidays. Theyre a great project for the kids/grandkids. Plus, theyre just too darn CUTE! Seriously, check them out!
- A well-chosen area rug can really make a room. But the key is to find the right one in the RIGHT SIZE. Use our Area Rug Size Guide to help you!