Photo via: bitzngiggles.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Halloween is right around the corner and it is one of the best parties to throw…just so many ideas! With that being said, I will be hosting a halloween costume party this year and focusing on a black on black palette with hints of metallics. I seriously cannot wait, Ill use chalkboards, gold and metallic painted pumpkins, calligraphy labels, pillar candles, black desserts, vintage frame photo booth, and possibly some sort of fun game. Im a sucker for decorating and am looking forward to having all of my friends together…dressed to impress of course! Ill keep you updated!
- Painting with Nature is an exciting and simple process art technique for kids that explores textures and patterns in a fun and open-ended way.
- Spring is just around the corner! The occasional warm day has really gotten me in the mood to transition some of my winter decor into spring. I recently had a project day with a dear friend and we made some fun decorative bird nests that were super simple and inexpensive. We had a great time…
- There are many types of outdoor play equipment that parents can make for their kids to keep them active, entertained, and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Going on a camping trip is such an exciting adventure. Getting back to nature can be very refreshing and spending time in the great outdoors, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life can be very rewarding. What makes it more fun is that there are things you can do to bring a…
- A nice little roundup of fun crafts for kids to make that parents will actually enjoy doing, too! A lot of these crafts and activities are for kids of all ages, but most of them are probably more appropriate for ages 8-12.
- Fun Summer Activities with Pool Noodles – over 30 creative and outrageously fun kids activities for summer. Great for kids of all ages; outdoor and indoor activities.
- Love this free printable Halloween scavenger hunt from www.playpartypin.com, my kids would love this Halloween party game!
- The Steve action figure from Minecraft is a really cool gift from a kids favorite game. Its the toy for boys to go on fun adventures with. Steve is a fantastic character. Click Read it to get to know him! Minecraft Toys
- Most schools celebrate Teacher Appreciation week the first full week in May. So that makes this years right around the corner, on May 4th-8th. Teachers don’t expect a lot, but it’s nice to let them know that all their hard work is appreciated with a small gift or thank you note. We’ve gathered some fun …
- Make your own DIY Hooded Towel. Its so easy, and youll get a super absorbent towel that will last them from newborn baby all the way up through toddler and grade school ages! Seriously, skip those thin towels for babies and make one of these. So quick and easy with this tutorial