Photo via: bhg.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- Having a big, organized closet makes getting ready for the day a much more pleasant process. While you don’t have to rock designer duds everyday, or spend a lot on your wardrobe, you can certainly hang your clothes in a closet fit for a king or queen to keep them in good condition while streamlining your daily routine. Plus, for homeowners, making permanent installations may help increase the value of your home.
- Special little packages for your bridal party. Pick out a unique box that fits your theme and colors, fill with goodies, wrap with a pretty bow and finish off with a personalized Avery round label.
- I think flower towers or tipsy pots are such a stunning way to add vertical interest to your garden, porch, or front entry. But not only that, they also are a great way to add a bit of whimsy! Here are 10 awesome ideas for making flower towers or tipsy pot planters. 10 Flower Tower or Tipsy Pot Planter Ideas I love this flower tower from The Kim Six Fix because she made the whole thing for under $10 and so cute! This insanely amazing galvanized tipsy pot is from Annie Steen at Flea Market Gardening House by Hoff used terracotta… [Read More]
- Cotton Candy Plant – Add a burst of color and texture to your garden with these lush ornamental grasses that flourish in hot, humid, dry or wet conditions. Enjoy light pink plumes in late summer with these wild, hardy plants. – Grows to approx. 20 to 36 H – Perennial – Bloom time: all summer – Full sun to partial shade – Hardy in zones 5 to 10
- Weekly Faves: 5 Inspiring Outdoor Spaces: From tiny garden nooks to insanely expansive views, this weeks installation of Outdoor Faves celebrates beautiful spaces in all shapes and sizes.: In its post Decorators Gone Wild, Garden Design takes a look at interior designers personal gardens at Landscape Pleasures, an event held at the Parish Art Museum, in Southhampton, NY.
- Upcycle a plain dresser with this fabulous DIY tutorial! This Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser is a great way to add a feminine chic touch to a precious furniture piece. Pretty and stylish, this dresser project will help you revamp your home decor with ease. This dresser could easily fit anywhere from a seaside cottage to rustic farmhouse. Versatile, sophisticated, and easy, if you are looking for a weekend painting project, this is DIY tutorial you’ve been searching for. Add a touch of elegance…
- The Best Fashion Tips Of All Time. See Our Lists Of Fashion Trends, The Latest Fashion Ideas And Style Tips And Advice From The Best In The Industry. We Have Street Styles, Ideas And Tips For Teens, For Women, And For Going Back To School. Get Your Own DIY Style For Summer, Fall, Winter, And Spring. Get Creative, Cute, And Unique Or Pull Of A 70s or 80s Look. Be Cheap And Casual Or Be Fancy For Work With Vintage Or Boho Outfits. We Cover Plus Size As Well.
- DIY Trash Can Deodorizer- great idea, but 1tsp of any essential oil is too much. Use a few drops, if you dont enjoy the aroma of tea tree, add another scent, but keep the tea tree as it has antibacterial and other effects that will also help keep yucky smells away.
- Despite what the weather is doing here (blizzard anyone?), Spring is so close. Which means its time for me to start making it look and feel like spring INSIDE our house! Just by swapping out a few décor pieces or adding a lovely floral arrangement you can completely transform your home for the fresh, new season. … Read More about DIY Faux Floral Arrangement with Water
- 28 fabulous vintage sheets projects that you will love making for your home decor. Vintage sheets can make some beautiful home decor ideas for your quirky little haven. Click through to see 28 different ways in which you can upcycle old material
- Be the Good in the World! Believe There is Good in the World Makes a great gift! Made from solid wood and hand-lettered. Routed keyhole hanger hollowed out of the back for strong, secure, flush hanging! (please note that the picture showing the keyhole is actually the back of another piece, not this sign.) Choose your stain and paint colors! Before you add the sign to your cart, you have the option of choosing your stain color and lettering color for the Be the Good part. Etsy only allows …