Photo via: houseofhawthornes.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- *Update*: You can see Part 2, Stain, Seal, Reveal here. Today I’m going to teach ya’ll how to pull up carpet and refinish those gorgeous wood floors that may be hiding under your carpet. This is a project I’ve wanted to tackle for a while and recently got the “go ahead!” from our landlords. Let’s be real, kids are hard on carpet. Carpet is great but there are always areas that just don’t hold up well in those high traffic areas. That was definitely holding true in our living room area and the main hallway of our home. Here’s a shot of our living room with the carpet. I’m going to take you through how WE did the process and I’ll try to show you a cost breakdown the best I can so you can budget for your remodeling project! First, the hubby vacuumed the carpet and we started at one end and pulled it up and rolled it in a giant roll. Next, you’ll do the same thing with the carpet pad. The carpet pad was not glued down as it is in some homes, but it was stapled to the wood flooring in various places. So, we removed the carpet tack …
- 28 fabulous vintage sheets projects that you will love making for your home decor. Vintage sheets can make some beautiful home decor ideas for your quirky little haven. Click through to see 28 different ways in which you can upcycle old material
- Though it still has some days before Christmas, don’t you think it’s a right time to think about choosing the Christmas gifts? We suggest that you DIY Christmas gifts instead of buying them in the shops because DIY projects can save money as well as show your heart to your friends and family members. If[Read the Rest]
- There are plenty of holiday books that incorporate snow. From The Snowman to The Christmas Miracle, snow is a fun part of the holiday season, even if you live someplace warm. Along with reading one of your favorite holiday books, why not make your own play snow? Only two ingredients, and your kids will be in for hours of fun.
- Why not make your very own handmade Christmas cards this holiday season and send some extra love to your family and friends!
- Dress up your Christmas and holiday cards with fun, festive wraparound labels you can personalize and print yourself using free printables and templates from Avery. This helpful step-by-step will show you how easy it is to personalize and print these labels for a fun twist on your usual Christmas card.
- LOTS of unique ideas and inspiration for using plaid Christmas decor in your home for the holidays, including both buffalo check and traditional plaids.
- Pom poms have become one of the most used items in crafts and DIY projects over the last few years. It’s probably because they’re so adorable and make really fun additions to just about anything. I’ll admit, I kind of have an obsession with them and have used them in my own home decor. IContinue Reading…
- Spring is just around the corner! The occasional warm day has really gotten me in the mood to transition some of my winter decor into spring. I recently had a project day with a dear friend and we made some fun decorative bird nests that were super simple and inexpensive. We had a great time…
- Change the way you think about what youre keeping. An easy mental shift that has me decluttering like crazy!
- Despite what the weather is doing here (blizzard anyone?), Spring is so close. Which means its time for me to start making it look and feel like spring INSIDE our house! Just by swapping out a few décor pieces or adding a lovely floral arrangement you can completely transform your home for the fresh, new season. … Read More about DIY Faux Floral Arrangement with Water
- DIY Halloween Costume: Thing 1, Thing 2 – Get Einstein wigs and spray them with blue hair spray. Find matching red skirts and tank tops. Use white felt and a permanent marker to create the Thing 1 and Thing 2 circles and then you can either hot glue them to the tank tops or put ribbon on them and wear them around your neck. Add red shoes, fishnets, red gloves and a funky pair of sunglasses to complete the look.